DigitalOcean Coupon Codes
Updated for May 2017
DigitalOcean is a new kind of hosting company: cloud hosting for developers. Application developers need hosting space for their applications. If you download a popular app on your smartphone, where does the information for that app come from? It’s hosted by the developer (not Apple or Google). You can find out more about the company below.
Best DigitalOcean Promo Codes Right Now:
$10 off Digitalocean’s Cloud VPS HostingShow CouponVPS10
We tested this coupon out this week and it was working. Here’s proof.
Get 2 Free Months VPS Hosting:Show CouponALLSSD10
This coupon has been tested this week and it is working. Here’s proof.
Get a $10 Credit at DigitalOceanShow CouponDO10
We tested it out this week and made sure that it was working. Here’s proof.
Save 5% Off Digitalocean’s Cloud Hosting:Show CouponDODEPLOY
March 2017 Special of 2 Months free hosting!Show CouponALLSSD10
New Year’s Promotion: VPS Hosting free for 2 monthsShow CouponALLSSD10
September 2016 Back to School Special: 2 Free Months of VPS Hosting!Show CouponALLSSD10
June 2016 Summer Special: VPS Hosting free for 2 months!Show CouponALLSSD10
DigitalOcean Technical Features
DigitalOcean offers only cloud-based VPS hosting, and all with SSD Hard Drives, instead of trying to serve everybody they have made their focus to serve what they felt was an under represented group at most hosting companies: web and app developers. With that in mind there was a few things they felt needed to be the cornerstones of their service in order to provide the best hosting possible for developers.
- Quick Server Setup – You can have your cloud server up and running in 55 seconds. This is particularly useful for testing purposes, and with DigitalOcean’s hourly rates this can be accomplished for minimal costs. If you go with their basic server you can have a test server up and running in under a minute and test your code out in production for only $0.007/hour. You will still be charged for your server even if it’s powered off, but you can create a template and then delete it and recreate again whenever you want to save money. Unlike some other hosts DigitalOcean does not charge for template/backup disk space.
- High Bandwidth – DigitalOcean’s SSD server are connected to 1GB/sec network, and the most basic plan includes 1TB of data per month with the highest priced plan including 5TB/month. None of this ‘unlimited’ bandwidth with some very vague restrictions in the fine print that then nets you huge overage charges. Additional bandwidth over your plans allowance at DigitalOcean is billed at only $0.02/GB. In addition they have private networking set up within their data centers, any traffic sent through the private network (ie. file storage and database replication) will not count towards your monthly bandwidth allowance. They also don’t charge extra for bandwidth in their Singapore location, despite the higher cost of bandwidth in Asia.
- KVM Virtualization – Performance and security are of the utmost concern at DigitalOcean, and they have specially designed their KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machines) virtualized droplets to support that.
- The best hardware – As mentioned before all servers have SSD hard drives built on Hexa Core processeor machines with ECC Ram and RAID SSD storage to ensure that your data stays safe from corruption.
- Data Centers around the globe – The DigitalOcean data centers are located in Amsterdam, San Francisco, New York, London, and Singapore ad you can send a snapshot of your server to all regions if you like.They are headquartered in New York.
|512MB Memory||1GB Memory||2GB Memory||4GB Memory||8GB Memory|
|1 Core Processor||1 Core Processor||2 Core Processor||2 Core Processor||4 Core Processor|
|20GB SSD Disk||30GB SSD Disk||40GB SSD Disk||60GB SSD Disk||80GB SSD Disk|
|1TB Transfer||2TB Transfer||3TB Transfer||4TB Transfer||5TB Transfer|
High Volume Plans
|16GB Memory||32GB Memory||48GB Memory||64GB Memory|
|8 Core Processor||12 Core Processor||16 Core Processor||20 Core Processor|
|160GB SSD Disk||320GB SSD Disk||480GB SSD Disk||640GB SSD Disk|
|6TB Transfer||7TB Transfer||8TB Transfer||9TB Transfer|
At this time it does not appear to be possible to purchase extra storage space on a plan, if you need more space then you need to upgrade to a more comprehensive account.
All About DigitalOcean:
DigitalOcean is one of the great success stories in tech that no one talks about. Its founder Ben Uretsky wanted to make a new kind of hosting company for developers. At the time (early 2012), Amazon Web Services was dominating the field by a wide margin. One reviewer ran some tests on DigitalOcean vs. Amazon web services and came up with some interesting results. Overall their reviews on forums like WebHostingTalk with anything they are lacking in features or support being made up for by their extremely budget-friendly pricing. Although apparently their definition of cloud hosting and some consumers is quite different, it is possible for data to be lost on their type of server set up. They did compensate the user for the loss, and as a case in point you should always be making your own backups just to be safe.
The founders were invited to submit to the Techstars program, which is kind of angel-investment competition. Despite making it to the finals, Techstars passed on them. But they kept on refining their vision of being an extremely simple and user-friendly hosting company for developers.
DigitalOcean decided to become an all SSD-hosting company. It was expensive, and it was unprecedented. The news caught the attention of Techcrunch and Hacker News, and the company started signing up customers at an extremely fast rate.
That attracted the attention of investment firm Andreessen Horowitz, an investment firm comprised of super-angel investors. They recently raised $37 million in startup capital. Things look good for DigitalOcean.
Here’s a trailer for DigitalOcean that the company produced for the Techstars program. Although they weren’t accepted, DigitalOcean has gone on to become one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world.